People are our greatest asset, and our primary commitment is to their safety.
We are dedicated to making the construction process enjoyable and beneficial and to ensuring safe and injury-free working environments for our employees, associates, subcontractors, and clients. Our goal is to return every person on our job sites home to their families safely each day.
Our full-time DNB Safety Team is responsible for all safety aspects of our business and daily operations. Therefore, our safety procedures must always comply with current OSHA standards, as do our trade partners. This pertains to our projects at all levels, no matter the style of the project. As a result, our team commits to regular training and research on “OSHA standards that affect our projects, upon award and during our jobs.
Due to our commitment to safety, we proudly state that our favorable EMR rating is in keeping with the national standard.
Safety Program Objectives
- To eliminate accidents and injuries for all project employees, subcontractors, and associates. To protect and preserve property from damage during the construction process.
- To maintain our excellent EMR rating
- To maintain a proactive approach to safety, which includes conducting regular health and safety training and education sessions
- Weekly Safety “Tool Box” Talks for all DNB and subcontractor field personnel
- Daily and Weekly Safety Inspections – documented by the Jobsite Superintendent and Site Safety Officer
- Preconstruction meetings – held with key subcontractors and project associates to review and plan upcoming project scopes and operations to ensure project safety
- DNB Site Specific Health and Safety Orientation – required viewing of OSHA’s safety orientation videos, site-specific and operational details given by the DNB Superintendent, and distribution of DNB’s health and safety handbook.
- Health and safety training and education for all DNB Associates, including OSHA 30-Hour Construction training for Superintendents and First-Aid/CPR/AED training.