Position Description – Organizes and assembles cut parts and raw materials, both panel product and solid lumber, melamine and laminate, into completed cabinets, panels, fixtures, booths and banquettes, bars and reception desks. This position demands the utmost in confidence and accuracy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be detail oriented, work clean and accurate, in a timely and efficient manner
- Identify problems, errors and omissions before they happen
- Must be able to identify wood species of veneers and solids.
- Assemble both complex and repetitive casework and cabinet assignments from shop drawings and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret complex shop drawings.
- Clean work area.
- Responsible for the production of shelving, floor fixtures, cash wraps, panel systems, reception desks, cabinets and casework, countertops and trim work.
- Use of table saw, miter saw, nail guns, pocket screw router, and all hand tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
- Maintains a safe working environment, making sure everyone around the building area will not get in a situation to be injured and be part of the company safety culture by adhering to OSHA and company safety requirements and encouraging enforcement with all staff.
- Must be detail oriented, work clean and accurate, in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to read complex shop drawings, interpret, organize and assemble cut parts
- Problem solving ability, with attention to math, knowledge of differing assembly techniques.
- Ability to use all methods of fastening: air nailer, pocket screw, glue and clamp.
- Capable of rough sanding parts with belt sander.
- Ability to handle set procedures and standards.
- Ability to compare and see differences in sizes and shapes of parts.
- Ability to visualize objects from drawings or diagrams.
- Ability to read and understand all measuring instruments.
David A. Nice Builders, Inc. and Nicewood Enterprises, Inc. are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State or local laws.
Nicewood offers an excellent benefits package for qualified candidates. A drug-screening will be required.
Our office is located in Toano, VA, just outside of the Williamsburg area. Our currently employees are typically commuting from Williamsburg, Richmond, and Hampton Roads. Please consider the commute to our office before applying.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click to the link to submit an application or email us your resume!
Apply for job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org