David Nice Builders (DNB) and Nicewood Enterprises are founded on principles, ethics, and valuing people.
We pride ourselves in offering a work environment that is fun, challenging, growth and team oriented.
We offer exciting career opportunities that are rewarding!
We deliver construction art at its finest through integrity, lasting relationships and passionate people.
David A. Nice Builders, Inc. is a nationwide commercial general contractor headquartered in Williamsburg, VA. We have been building for over 44 years. We do ground-up projects and build retail stores nationwide.
If you are interested in this opportunity, we request that you thoroughly investigate the area and that you are fully prepared to immediately move to the area before applying for this position.
David Nice Builders and Nicewood Enterprises is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to lead our awesome finance team!
Our compensation offering will be commensurate with experience.
To be considered, applicants must be able to demonstrate knowledge of finance, accounting, internal controls, and cost control principles. Candidates will need strong skills with Microsoft Excel/Power BI (experience with Vista Construction Software is a plus). A qualified applicant should also be competent in the application of federal and state financial regulations and have an ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
Our Chief Financial Officer role requires quick critical thinking for many fast paced elements – reflective of the business environments in General Contracting, Construction, and Manufacturing industries we excel in.
The CFO will ensure financial records are maintained in accordance with company policy, monitor and maintain the control systems for the processing of revenue, cost of sales, fixed assets, and payroll, provide financial analyses, ensuring compliance with company policies and internal control safeguards. The CFO manages cash flow and other treasury functions, provides critical analysis of changes in account balances.
The CFO is the leader of an established and competent finance team that strives to achieve mutually agreed goals and is an expert in company financials and roadmaps.
Our CFO is also expected to:
- Lead, coach, and mentor the finance team
- Ensure proper processing of Payroll, A/P and Billing
- Be familiar with job costing and calculations
- Maintain schedules for fixed assets, prepaids, and financial leasing
- Manage cash flow and determine cash requirements
- Manage month-end, quarter end and year end close and manage all team members through the closing process.
- Maintain good working relationship with banker, bonding company, insurance company, and other professionals, as necessary
- Review and/or prepare all monthly account reconciliations
- Compile and distribute monthly financial management reports
- Ensure Monthly and Quarterly state, city and local B&O Tax returns are filed
- Assist outside CPA’s with annual review and Federal Income Tax Returns
- Maintain Accounting Policies and Procedures and Company-Wide Internal Controls
- Work with management to continue to maintain efficiencies, organize work processes and procedures, and automate procedures through system improvements
- Update and/or create general accounting process documents.
Qualifications and Skills (preferred):
- Strong “servant-leadership” qualities
- Strong integrity and accountability
- Previous experience in executive management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to handle pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S./B.A. in Accounting, CPA or relevant diverse accounting experience, including staff supervision
- In-depth understanding of Work in Process and construction revenue recognition
- Extensive use of Excel, Power BI, and other Microsoft Office products.
- A highly driven, self-motivator
- Commercial construction experience is a bonus
David A. Nice Builders offers a competitive benefit package including health, dental, life, and 401K.
Check us out at https://davidnicebuilders.com/
David A. Nice Builders, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply for job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org