Position Description – Responsible for the safe operation in an orderly manner or all equipment required to produce solid lumber, MDF, veneers, and veneer core plywood parts as specified for use in other departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, pull and inventory all raw hardwoods and softwoods, plywood, veneers, composites.
- Identify any problems or areas of difficulty with respect to lumber grades, veneers, or plywood’s, prior to utilizing, manufacturing or cutting of raw inventory products.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- Safe and accurate use of all equipment, not limited to rip saw, cutoff saw, planer, sander, glue clamps, and panel saw.
- Maintain a safe working environment and be part of the company safety culture by adhering to OSHA and company safety requirements and encouraging enforcement with all staff.
- Communicate with all shop and office employees via electronic mail and written instructions.
- Excellent Organizational Skills
- Excellent Math Skills
- Ability to calculate and track board footages
- Ability to identify specific lumber species, veneer species, cuts and colors in order to facilitate the other departments
- Ability to use a variety of power toolsDavid A. Nice Builders, Inc. and Nicewood Enterprises, Inc. are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited under Federal, State or local laws.
Nicewood offers an excellent benefits package for qualified candidates. A drug-screening will be required.
Our office is located in Toano, VA, just outside of the Williamsburg area. Our currently employees are typically commuting from Williamsburg, Richmond, and Hampton Roads. Please consider the commute to our office before applying.
If you are interested in joining our team, please click to the link to submit an application or email us your resume!
Apply for job
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com