The Site Utility Installer’s primary responsibility is to install various water and sewer utilities. This requires skillful operation of heavy equipment and follow job plans/specifications to complete various earthwork and utility installation projects within the assigned schedule and to the highest standard. You will represent David A. Nice Builders, Inc. and our strong commitment to quality. It is the responsibility of the Site Utility Installer to promote DNB’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to complete his duties and responsibilities which include, but are not limited to:
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, and repairs water mains, sewer lines, pumps, check valves and water service lines; taps water mains and sewer mains; performs ground excavation work; mixes, rakes, and spreads asphalt, and patches and/or repairs excavations.
- Locates, identifies and marks distribution system facilities, including valves, fire hydrants and blow-offs; coordinates with miss utility
- Installs, relocates and adjusts meter boxes and valve cans; installs, calibrates and exchanges water meters. Takes water samples for testing.
- Operates backhoe, front-end loader, dump truck, or vactor truck; routinely inspects and performs minor maintenance on assigned vehicles and equipment; removes and replaces defective parts.
- Safely and efficiently operate various types of construction heavy equipment including: excavators, backhoes, bulldozers, off-road trucks, forklifts/loaders, and rollers. Safely control all attachments such as blades, buckets, scrapers, and booms.
- Possess ability to rough grade using guide stakes and/or hand signals of assisting workers in varying ground conditions and depths
- Possess ability to cut and level surface to specified grade to construct and maintain earthwork structures such as slopes, roads, embankments, ditches, BMPs, underground utilities, and other site developments
- Possess ability to work with all types of people including but not limited to sub-contractors and employees.
- Perform daily routine heavy equipment maintenance as assigned to include fueling, greasing, sweeping out, and cleaning tracks.
- Possess good communication skills. Daily communication with Superintendent. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Complete required reports and paperwork.
- Keep work area and equipment clean by collecting and disposing of scrap, excess materials, and refuse
- Possess excellent hand, foot, and eye coordination. Ability to simultaneously control hand levers and pedals to operate equipment while working around other employees and ensuring work area is safe and clear of obstacles. Possess close, color, and peripheral vision.
- Ability to load and unload equipment and materials from vehicles and trailers.
- Perform labor/hand work as needed at direction of job Superintendent. Safely operate hand tools associated with site work; such as drills, saws; pipe fusion machine, jumping jack, trench roller.
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment and upkeep general appearances in a professional manner.
- Any other duties as directed by management
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three years of verifiable construction experience
- Possess good knowledge of construction terminology and current related construction products
- Ability to operate Android/iPhone, 2-way radio
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Current Driver’s License
- Current CPR/AED Certification
- Minimum 10-hour OSHA training
- Must be able to travel to various job sites as assigned within 60 miles of DNB shop. Obey all traffic laws, as you are responsible for moving violations.
- Ability and willingness to work in varied outdoor weather conditions such as extreme cold, heat, confined spaces, trenches, or heights up 40 feet.
- Availability and willingness to work extended hours or weekends as necessary to maintain job schedule.
- Ability to pass a drug screen.
- Dependability – report to work on time as scheduled without excessive absence or tardiness.
- Ability to operate for extended periods of time and get into awkward positions when cleaning/maintaining equipment
IN ADDITION TO THE ABOVE DUTIES, A SITE UTILIT INSTALLER WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- Possess minimum 5 years related experience
- Possess ability to utilize years of experience in operating to overcome difficult field conditions
- Ability to interpret/utilize GPS control system
- Extensive knowledge of Heavy Equipment maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret site/civil plans, specifications, and addenda
- Ability to check benchmarks, stake property corners and structure locations, locate underground utilities
- Ability to calculate figures, area, circumference, volume, determine grades
Apply for job
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org